Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Starting fresh in the new year

I have decided that this is the year of getting things done. Like many of you out there, I have a growing number of projects on my to-do list. Since we are beginning a new year it seems like the perfect time to declare war on clutter and just get it all done!

I usually have several projects going at once, plus a dozen ideas running around in my head. Then add all the normal day-to-day domestic tasks that need to happen. Despite my best intentions, there always seems to be a to-do pile waiting for attention. Occasionally, debris creeps in and takes over my drawing table until, you guessed it... there's no room to draw on it! Does this sound familiar?

I do maintain a pretty high level of organization already, but I want to take it to the next level so I can be more productive. Therefore, I am setting these goals for 2012:
  • Simplify - clean up clutter that gets in the way physically and mentally.
  • Streamline - scale down existing systems to make them more efficient.
  • Do it now - don't put things off that can be done immediately.
So it is written, so shall it be done!

No comments: