Tuesday, October 18, 2011

The Making of: Golf Ball Dangler

This may seem random, but a while back several large golf balls were needed to hang throughout a large display area. So I started thinking about how I could make multiple golf balls out of foam core board. After some head scratching I came up with a plan... and a two step stencil!



The first of many blanks.




I started by carefully placing stencil #1...




then I applied some Gray Flannel spray paint to the exposed area of the blank...




I removed the stencil and let the panel dry. Looking good so far.




Then I carefully placed stencil #2...




weighted it down and applied some flat white spray paint.




Removed the stencil and let the panel dry again.




Here is the finished golf ball. Not bad. Now, just 20 more to go!


No comments: